In a previous post, we highlighted a great app we use frequently here at A Bookkeeper’s Corner. In addition to the amazing features they already offer, they recently added two new features.
Shoeboxed Now Integrates with QuickBooks Online
The new integration is a simple format that is similar to the integration with QuickBooks desktop. The integration is available for users on the Classic plan and above.
Here’s how to get your receipts into QuickBooks Online:
- Click Connect to QuickBooks on the Integrations page of your Shoeboxed account and authorize the connection.
- On the Manage Categories page, import your Chart of Accounts.
- Head over to the Overview page and select the option to send all of your receipts to QuickBooks.
- A list of your receipts and payment types will be displayed. Select the appropriate Expense Account for each vendor and the correct Payment Method for each credit card. We will remember your preferences, so you only have to do this once.
- Click export and you’re done! All of your receipts will be sent to QuickBooks Online.
If you are a QuickBooks online user and need assistance, please contact us!
New Android App: Shoeboxed Receipt Tracker
Shoeboxed recently released the award winning app, Shoeboxed Receipt Tracker. This app is great for anyone that is out on the field a lot, if you travel for business or for anyone that has to manage a lot of receipts while on the go. You can just snap a picture of your receipt and that’s it. It gets filed in your Shoeboxed account. Later you can run an expense report or export them to QuickBooks for your bookkeeper to manage.
What’s in this version:
- images can be submitted from, and saved to, the photo album
- instant notification of rejected documents
- increased device support and compatibility
- significant speed and performance improvements
- bug fixes for Motorola phones
If you have any questions, we are here to help!
These features were originally published on the Shoeboxed blog, Inside the Box. For tips and product updates, you can subscribe here.